34 year old dude from Norway, loves hanggliding and all that is fun :-) Can be reached on phone +47 928 62 877, but I prefere writen messages, so please write email (estrandl@online.no).

Tuesday, May 10, 2005

USA - Torrey Pines - San Diego

After weeks of bad weather, overdelopment, snow in the mountains and park rangers denying me flying in the national parks, I found a relly nice spot at Death Valley, where you actually can launch below sealevel and soar up to sealevel or much higher if the termals are rigth. So after sightsing true Owens valley, Death valley, Las Vegas, Grand Canyon and Zion I headed out to the coast again and had 3 days of great flying at Torrey pines in San Diego. Many nice people there and a great flying site (litle bit crowded). Got some good video footage here with me and John Heiney. John was diving in front of my glider and doing a loop over the ocean. He also passed under me, so i could touch his sail if i wanted to (in a short moment). Also fun flying with the pelicans soaring in big flocks rigth next to you.

Here are the Torrey Pines Gliderport link: http://www.flytorrey.com

And here are some pictures I taken while i was there: http://foto.vg.no/show_album.php?aid=696909

Mexico and Valle de Bravo next :-)