34 year old dude from Norway, loves hanggliding and all that is fun :-) Can be reached on phone +47 928 62 877, but I prefere writen messages, so please write email (estrandl@online.no).

Wednesday, February 09, 2005

Tocumwal, XC tour day 1,2,3, 4

The first day was canceled becourse of heavy rain the day before, so the airfield where we starts was very muddy. Day 2 turned out ok, I was helping Otto making some movie shots, we got some great shots from the air. After that I went for a XC tour, but i startet late (16:00) so my hopes was not the best. After a nice tow by Grant i went of drifting whit the wind. After flying 30 Km i was feeling wery wet, my camelbag opened in my harness and I had approx 2 liters of Water/Garborater in my harness. So from 900 m above the ground, I was flying uprigth to avoid the rest of the camelback to empty it self in my harness. I landed of course. It was very strange to see the flatlands in these conditions, the area is no longer very dry, but I have renamed it to the "Wet-lands". Even if its wet, its still nice flying here, Jon flew 120 km that day. Day 3 was canceled becourse of a troph passing by (high winds). Day 4 turned out very bad, with rain, but after a while it cleared and we all get some god fligths. Longest fligth was Jon with 60 Km. The conditions was very veek, but always fun to fly anyway. Tomorow looks very promising so stay tuned to see how it turns out :-)